Last night I decided to test out a recipe for ground beef stroganoff, but with a twist. Most beef stroganoff recipes I have come across or even eaten for that matter, call for steak and mushrooms. With this week being centered around hamburger meat, and the fact that Jake doesn’t like mushrooms, those recipes just wouldn’t work. I visited Real Mom Kitchen one of the blogs I read and found the perfect recipe. Her recipe had the three things I was looking for; using ground beef, versatile and super simple. Recipe sold!
Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 packet brown gravy mix (use water required with instructions)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- cracked pepper
- Rice or wide egg noodles
1. Brown ground beef in skillet with bell pepper, onion, garlic clove, salt and cracked pepper.
2. Once ground beef is browned, add the can of mushroom soup, brown gravy packet and water. Let simmer for 10 or so minutes, until you see it getting thicker.
3. Add sour cream and mix well.
4. Pour over rice or egg noodles.
Make it your own and feel free to be creative with adding mushrooms or other vegetables.
What are some super simple meals that you enjoy cooking?