Whew, has this been a busy week. Between going to the Iowa State Fair twice, starting to run, writing thank you cards, studying math for my upcoming Praxis test and preparing for our reception this weekend, I am not sure where the time went.
What I can tell you is that this week has been nothing but fantastic. Jake and I were blessed on Tuesday to be given a much debated, deliberated and thought out gift we have had our eyes on. After several months of going back and forth between which set of dinnerware Jake and I wanted to put on our registry, a month ago we finally decided on a nice white set from Crate and Barrel. Tuesday afternoon Jake came home with two boxes from work. Jake’s amazing co-worker’s at Faith had purchased our dinnerware set and the dishes came in. I was SO excited! I felt like a little kid waking up Christmas morning waiting ever so patiently to open up my Christmas present.
His coworkers are so cute and signed the top of the smaller box.
The son of one of Jake’s coworker drew some lovely pictures on the boxes. He explained a couple of them to Jake.
The first one is of a water slide going into a pool.
I have to say that Crate and Barrel’s packaging is stellar.
After unwrapping all of our little bundles… we were delighted to see what we had picked out.
White. Simple. Perfect.
I am so in love.
Klausie was more excited for his new toy.
I cannot thank Faith’s staff enough for their gracious gift to us. Jake and I will be sure to cherish our new dinnerware!
On a side note…Tonight I got a head start on making of one our sweet treats for our wedding reception this Saturday. For the past couple of months I have been testing out a couple of the recipes and we have finally narrowed down the list of desserts. The first one up is this delicious salty and sweet snack mix.
Caramel Crispix Mix
- 1 box Crispix cereal
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup white corn syrup
- 2 cups peanuts
- 1 lb bag m&m’s
- 1 cup brown sugar
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
a brown paper bag
- Put butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt in a large microwaveable bowl. Cook on high for 2 minutes. Stir. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and baking soda to mix and stir.
- Pour carmel mixture over cereal in brown paper bag and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Microwave brown paper bag for 1 1/2 minutes on high. Take out and shake for 1 minute.
- Add pretzels and peanuts. Shake. Let cereal mixture cool in the bag for a couple of minutes.
- Add m&m’s and cool on wax paper. Store in an air tight container.