We are two days away from the official date of perhaps the greatest season of the year… Fall.
For some the fall season begins when:
- Children go back to school
- The first football game is played
- The first night you can sleep with your windows open curled up under your blankets
- When stores start to sell pumpkins and Halloween items
- At the first sight of the leaves turning those beautiful vibrant colors
- The availability of those delicious Honey Crisp apples
And for others:
- When they have their first sip of delicious drinks such as the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks™.
Like Me 🙂
Jake informed me about a week ago that he was ready to have his first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Yes, the weather was getting cooler, and yes, the leaves were starting to turn colors, but it just couldn’t be. The weather was still reaching the upper 70s and I just wasn’t ready to admit it was time.
Although I was mentally ready for the season, my body was waiting for that perfect chilly day. This past Sunday was just that day. The weather was cool and the sky was overcast. Jake and I headed to our local Starbucks™ in the Drake neighborhood and celebrated our first drink of the year. It was just as good as I had remembered it.
Pumpkin-y, the right hint of spices, smooth, and of course the delicious creamy whip cream on top. I was in heaven.
So, to help kick off this fall season, I am giving away two $5 gift cards to Starbucks™ so that Joyful Girl readers may also take delight in the start of my favorite season.
There are two ways to enter:
1. Leave a comment on this post telling me when fall officially begins for you.
RT @libbybouma: Joyful Girl is giving away two $5 @Starbucks gift cards! Click here to enter: http://bit.ly/qZfakB
If you do both above, your name will be entered twice for the random drawing.
Please have entries in by Friday 9/23 at 12 am. Both winners will be picked at random and announced Sunday evening in My Three Joys. Good Luck!