Have you ever had one of those nights where you really want something specific to eat for dinner but are too lazy to go to the store?
And more times than I care to admit.
A couple of weekends ago Jake and I were under the weather with colds. It was one of those nights where we both really wanted soup, but did not want to put any effort towards making it, let alone going to the grocery store.
Luckily I was able to go grocery shopping in our own kitchen.
I have to admit,
it can be really fun
searching my pantry,
and spice rack,
to throw together all sorts of random goodies,
to whip up this fantastic soup!
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can water
- 1 tablespoon garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 medium sized carrots, chopped
- 2-3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 red onion
- juice from 1/2 squeezed lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, sautee chopped veggies and corn in olive oil until tender. (5-7 minutes)
- Add beans, broth, water, lemon juice and seasonings.
- Simmer over medium heat for an hour.
Seriously the easiest soup I have ever made! Not to add pretty healthy and full of flavor!
Oh and Jake and I have found our go-to cornbread.
Good thing we got a membership to Costco to buy the humongous bag! Hands down the best cornbread mix out there!