My wonderful friend Mandy has been talking about hosting a clothing swap party for as long as I can remember. Tonight, she finally did, and it was a HUGE success.
Each girl brought 5-10 clothing items or accessories that they no longer wore and shared them with the group.
We hung them up,
laid them out,
and let the shopping begin.
Each girl was given a number.
Once your number was called you were given a minute to pick out your item before the next number was called. You could still “shop” while the other person’s number was called,
but you wanted to be quick so that the item you had your eye on didn’t get taken first.
Mandy’s living and dining room was exploding with so many fun clothes, shoes, purses and jewelry. I had my eye on too many things, and it certainly wasn’t easy picking out which items to grab first.
Mandy was an amazing host with goodies out to snack on, Christmas music in the background and a sugar cookie candle burning brightly.
For my food contribution, I brought a slightly healthier version of Alton Brown’s Onion Dip served with pita chips.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium sized yellow onions, diced
- 1 cup of greek yogurt. I used Fage
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and add diced onions. Over medium heat, caramelize onions until they are a nice golden brown. This will take some time, about 20 minutes, so patience here is a must. Once done, set aside and let cool.
- Meanwhile add greek yogurt, cream cheese, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, kosher salt and black pepper in a blender or food processor. Mix until combined well. Scoop mix in to large bowl.
- Once caramelized onions are cool, fold them in to the yogurt/cream cheese mix.
- Cover and let chill in the fridge for at least an hour. This dip has the best flavor if made 24 hours in advance.
I am quickly becoming a huge fan of greek yogurt and finding fun ways to use it. So far I have used it in overnight oats and another dip that I cannot wait to share!
The dip was fantastic and while munching on too many chips and dip and delicious peach tea, I managed to snag myself a new-to-me genuine leather purse (which I am SUPER pumped about), a shrug, scarf and sweater. I cannot express how much fun I had going through my own closet and swapping them out for new-to-me items.
Spending the evening with a room full of girls chatting, laughing and “shopping” for free was a great way to spend my Tuesday evening. Everyone raved about how fun the clothing swap was and already planning the next one!