Well, we are officially into Day 3 of the new year and I failed big time on the start to one of my 2011 goals.😦
Last night I was in bed by 10:30 pm, read for about half an hour and had my alarm set for 6:15 am.
Before I knew it, my clock said 7:15 am!!! ARGH! Oh I was fuming mad at myself. But I have no one to blame by myself. I faintly remember waking up, hitting my snooze button a couple of times and then shutting it off thinking I was getting up, but sadly falling back asleep again.
I need some big time interventions to start getting my body up at 6:30 am. Any ideas?!
I tried not to let that spoil my day and moved on as best I could. I still rocked the Chest, Shoulders and Triceps P90x video (which is probably one of my least favorite workouts), but skipped out on AbRipperX. A little sad, but not sad enough to do it when I got home today. Whoops.
Now that the holiday season is over and it is time to get to business with high expectations and promises that a new year can bring, it is time to share my January goals.
Without further ado, here they are.
1. No sweet treat baking in January. This is a big one. My body is just done from all of the baked goods I ate in December. I have to admit that I willingly did it to myself with my cookie-a-week, love for baking and inability to resist temptation. This month my sweet treat baking is off limits in helps of getting back on track with eating a little bit better than I did in December.
2. Devote one Sunday this month to making my week’s meals ahead of time. Andie, from ‘Can You Stay for Dinner?’, inspires me in so many ways it is unbelievable. After pouring through her “Best Posts of 2011” blog post, this on caught my eye. Challenge accepted.
3. Waking up at 6:30 at least three times during the work week. Okay, so I think I set my sights a little too high when I magically expected myself to be up at 6:30 this morning after going a whole month, yes you read that correctly, a whole month of not being able to drag my butt out of bed before 7 am. I am going to start small this month and make it a goal to be out of bed by 6:30 at least three mornings during the work week. Any suggestions are welcomed.
4. Clean, organize, and get my closet in order. I have slowly started to do this, but for some reason cannot bear to part with some of my clothing. I love the idea of turning your hangers backwards and what is remaining at the end of the year are the clothes clothes you simply have not worn that year. I will be curious to see which items I have not worn this year. PS. Totally just got Jake to agree to do this as well. And if you have seen his closet, you know he is in dire need. The man has more clothes than I do. Pictures to follow, don’t worry.
5. Figure out what workout routine I will do when my third round of P90x ends in three weeks. I have been tossing around the idea of P90x2, but honestly the short clips they show make me want to curl up into a ball and cry. I know I want to be prepared when this round ends and know what is lined up so that I am not going days without working out.
Now time for me to get back to watchings Sons of Anarchy. Totally addicted.